SARASOTA COUNTY GOVERNMENT
Business Professional II – Planner/Scheduler (R15605)
About Our Job
Sarasota County is looking for a Business Professional II-Planner/Scheduler to develop job plans and schedule the work for Facilities Maintenance group. In this position you will coordinate with Operational Managers/Supervisors to develop work, job, and safety plans as well as schedules that are coordinated with other Business Units and ensure required materials, tools, equipment, and personnel are available. To accomplish these tasks, you will use a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) to maintain and track maintenance related records for equipment and repair job histories, work activities, preventative maintenance schedules, facility logs, and material usage. You will assist the Operation Managers with a variety of maintenance performance reports to optimize/prioritize resource allocation.
- Organize/coordinates the development and implementation of daily, weekly, or long-range strategic preventative, predictive and scheduled maintenance plans. Organizes and coordinates the daily corrective and emergency maintenance requests by shifting and re-prioritizing existing schedules.
- Develops repair plans for maintenance divisions by reviewing work orders, clarifying intent with originators, determine scope of work for each job, ensure that repair parts and materials are received prior to commencement of jobs, coordinates and schedules multi-craft jobs with other Business Units or outside services/vendors prior to commencement of work. Ensure that job safety requirements are following county, state, and OSHA specifications.
- Assists with monitoring, analyzing/assessing effectiveness, and efficiency of all aspects of work performed and recommend adjustments to job and safety plans.
- Develops preventative and predictive maintenance plans/requirements for equipment by researching the Manufacturer’s maintenance recommendations or through special conditions defined through conditioned based monitoring. Incorporates these maintenance activities in the CMMS. Through proper data collection and documentation, analyzes historical failure rates to increase percentage of predictive maintenance over corrective maintenance.
- Assists Operational Manager’s with accessing, compiling, organizing and analysis of data. To generate reports in a clear, precise, and logical manner.
- Assists with establishing workload priorities to meet SLA requirements.
- Assists with developing preventative maintenance plans for new CIP assets.
- Assists with developing and conducting training programs and activities.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships.
- Conducts weekly meetings with Operational Managers to review forecasted scheduling requirements and to evaluate the effectiveness of existing job plans.
- BA or BS degree in Public Administration, Business, Finance, Planning, Industrial Technology, Industrial Engineering or related field AND two (2) years job-related experience.
- OR- Six (6) years professional job-related experience can be substituted at management discretion for the required education.
- OR- Related professional program/ project management may substitute for the required education at management discretion.
About Everything Else:
Pay Range: $50,523.20 -$67,932.80
CJIS Clearance- **The successful candidate will be subject to an extensive background check(s) as a part of the hiring process.