2023 NACIO Awards of Excellence – Nomination Extended!
Do you need more time to submit your nomination for NACIO’s Awards of Excellence? Don’t worry – the nomination deadline has been extended to Wednesday, May 31! Counties and associations can nominate more than one program/initiative. Show off your county’s or association’s innovative, creative, and outstanding work by submitting your nomination today. See below for information on the revamped categories.
What You Need to Know About This Year’s Awards Program
New Nomination Deadline: Wednesday, May 31 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
Entry Fees: $40 per entry for NACIO members; $60 per entry for non-NACIO members.
*Payment can be made online through NACo by clicking here. You do not have to be a member of NACo or NACIO to enter this contest. You will, however, need to use the link above to make your entry payment(s).
When will winners be recognized?
Winners will be recognized at the annual NACIO meeting in conjunction with the NACO conference in July. Further information is forthcoming.
What can you enter?
Work produced by counties and state county associations within the last year (January 1, 2022 – December 31, 2022).
Updated Categories Better Reflect Your Amazing Work!
As stated, we’ve updated the award categories to better reflect the work of modern county communicators and PIOs. This year’s categories include:
• Short one page / tri fold
• Multi Page education booklet
• Annual report
• Specialized websites / pages (single issue/campaign focused)
• Email newsletter
• Short article (less than 250 words)
• Featured article / editorial (500-700 words)
• Best headline / campaign title
• Single platform campaign (use of only one social media platform e.g., LinkedIn employee recruitment campaign)
• Social media campaign (use of multiple social media platforms)
• Special Graphics (t-shirts, posters, banners, ads)
• Banners / buttons
• Short video (under 60 sec)
• Medium length video (1-5 min)
• Long video (more than 5 min)
• Video series
• Podcast series
• Podcast episode
• Photo / photo series
Campaigns (All-encompassing using multiple communication tools such as social media, print, electronic, graphics, websites, etc.)
• Public Safety
• General information
• Community engagement
• Quality of Life (e.g., parks, libraries, environmental, etc.)