BOARD OF SUMTER COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
DEPARTMENT: County Administrator
DIVISION: Economic Development
SALARY: Salary range is $29.96 – $42.84 Commensurate with experience and licenses. Benefits package.
Highly responsible, independent, professional, administrative, and technical work in the administration of all activities of Economic Development, including business retention and expansion, business recruitment, and property development/redevelopment. Manages consultants utilized in support of essential job functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for administering the directives of the County Administrator.
- Responsible for managing Tourism functions and directives.
- Responsible for overseeing Housing Services and Housing Assistance Programs.
- Responsible for overseeing the Veterans Services office.
- Prepares regular status reports for the County Administrator regarding economic development activities and opportunities.
- Develops and implements work plans related to economic development activities. Monitors the progress of economic development programs and various local economic indicators.
- Recruits new businesses, manages expansion and retainment activities for targeted industries in Sumter County.
- Manages Federal and State Economic Development programs at the local level.
- Develops and maintains the site inventory database for all industrial and other designated property.
- Develops and implements short and long-range business retention, expansion, and recruitment marketing and support plans.
- Prepares and submits regular informative communications with existing targeted industries.
- Gathers statistics, reports, and exhibits. Researches and analyzes data. Makes presentations and recommendations to the County Administrator, Businesses, Industries, and Public agencies, as needed.
- Manages the internet and social media content of the websites for Economic Development, Tourism, Housing, and Veterans Services.
- Conducts regular site visits to county businesses and industries to develop public-private sector partnerships and monitor business needs.
- Monitors and oversees the cooperative agreement and ongoing operations of the Small Business Development Office in partnership with the University of Central Florida.
- In case of emergency or crisis situations (hurricane, flood, etc.), the position is required to perform recovery duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- Employees hired on or after February 1, 2016, must be a tobacco-free person, both on and off the job, for at least (one) 1 year immediately preceding application and maintain the same tobacco-free status throughout the term of employment.
- Face tattoos (from ear to ear and hairline of the forehead to the bottom of the chin) are prohibited.
- Maintains regular physical attendance during normal work hours as assigned at one of the county’s offices or work facilities with the ability to work evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
[These essential job functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other job-related marginal duties as required.]
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or closely related field.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Master’s degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Marketing, or a closely related field preferred.
- Six (6) years of experience in a progressively responsible position in economic development, public administration, business administration, or a closely related field.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, OR REGISTRATIONS:
- Valid Florida Driver’s License and a driving record acceptable to the insurance provider.
- Certified Economic Developer (CEcD) preferred.
- Must possess or obtain the required National Incident Management System (NIMS) certifications within six (6) months of employment.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL SKILLS:
- Acceptable vision (with or without correction)
- Acceptable hearing (with or without correction)
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle
- Ability to access file cabinets for filing and retrieval of data.
- Ability to communicate using speech, hearing, and vision skills.
- Ability to enter data into a computer.
- Works inside in an office environment.
- Works outside for field inspections and site visits periodically.
|TO APPLY:||Submit a complete Sumter County Board of County Commissioners Employment Application online at our website at https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=5295717|
Reasonable accommodation will be made for otherwise qualified individuals with a disability.
FLSA Exempt Status