About Our Job
Manages Traffic Operations staff and functions for field crews for both routine and emergency maintenance; prepares and provides budget oversight of operating budgets; performs long-term strategic plans for budget projections; initiates and manages performance measures; ensures correct time and materials are charged for work performed; defines level of service standards for signals and signs; prepares maintenance agreements and contracts for services related to traffic operations; manages the streel light maintenance program; ensures crews have the necessary tools and equipment; monitors safety of workers and equipment; prepares correspondence, memos, operating procedures, and reports as needed; interfaces within the business unit and outside agencies.
- Provides management oversight for Traffic Operations staff.
- Prepares and manages the operating budget for Traffic Operations.
- Prepares strategic plans for long-term performance and achievement goals.
- Provides oversight for daily activities and functions of assigned work crews.
- Reviews and monitors safety equipment and correct safety procedures.
- Assigns work crews to emergency operations.
- Provides management oversight for training and development of staff on utilization of equipment and operations.
- Ensures compliance with county, state and OSHA regulations; coordinates use of external resources/vendors.
- Manages the effectiveness and efficiency of all aspects of work performed.
- Manages workload priorities to meet deadlines.
- Coordinates and ensures appropriate supply of work materials; tracks and maintains store inventories.
- Participates in hiring of staff, performance reviews and disciplinary actions.
- Participates in staffing and business planning efforts.
- Reviews engineering plans for traffic signals, signs and pavement markings.
- Prepares contracts for services related to Traffic Operations and Maintenance.
- Inspects and approves for payment invoices sent by contractor.
- Interfaces with other units/core services, county and municipal officials and the public.
- Ensures that corrective actions and writes up reports for Risk Management for asset reimbursement for accidents are prepared and submitted.
- Responds to internal and external requests or concerns over installation, repair, removal, or maintenance of all traffic control related apparatus.
- Assists with ADA related walkability issues resolution and current ADA interpretations.
Manages proactive assessments of fraud awareness, prevention, detection and risk mitigation activities in area of responsibility; oversees financial, compliance, operational and performance audits; reviews audit findings and ensures appropriate controls are established and implemented.
Minimum Qualifications: A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Construction, Engineering, Business Administration, Finance or related field and four (4) years of related experience. An Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or university and six (6) years of job-related experience. Year-for-year experience may substitute for the college degree. Two or more years of supervisory experience required.
Preferred Qualifications: Advanced Maintenance of Traffic (MOT) preferred.
About Everything Else
Pay: $63,003.20 – $87,006.40