Tampa Bay Water Human Resources Director Tampa Bay Water is seeking a strategic and innovative leader for the Human Resources Department. Tampa Bay Water provides wholesale drinking water to more than 2.5 million residents in Hillsborough County, Pasco County, Pinellas County and the cities of New Port Richey, St. Petersburg and Tampa. The agency is a nonprofit, special district, man-aged by a nine-member Board of Directors who represent their respective jurisdictions and also the Tampa Bay region. The Human Resources Director reports directly to the Chief of Staff / Chief Strategy Officer and is a member of the agency’s Executive Team. Tampa Bay Water is headquartered in Clearwater, Florida, located in Pinellas County. The Tampa Bay area is a hub for several high-tech industries and research and development. Over 20 corporate headquarters with $1 billion in annual revenue call the area home. The Tampa Bay region is known for a rich culture, incredible water views, and the Super Bowl and Stanley Cup champions. Tampa Bay Water meets the region’s drinking water needs through a diverse supply network, state-of-the-art water quality monitoring and operational protection of the natural environment. It is the only water utility in the United States to blend water sources from groundwater, river water and desalinated seawater. Water supply facilities in-clude a 120 million gallon per day (mgd) surface water plant, a 25 mgd desalination plant, a 15.5-billion-gallon reservoir and 120 mgd permitted groundwater well capacity. The supply system is complex and requires a flexible and dynamic operating plan and skilled workforce to meet demands for a cost effective, high quality, reliable supply that protects the environment. The Human Resources Director is a working manager position responsible for administrative and management duties to provide services to all agency departments and employees. The Director is responsible for human resources poli-cies and procedures, employee relations, benefits negotiation and oversight, directing the performance review pro-cess, training and development, recruitment and hiring, and the development of human resources strategies. The recently updated Strategic Plan has identified key objectives for the Executive Team and the Human Resources Director. As a regional leader, Tampa Bay Water is committed to sustainability in its operations. The challenges of main-taining a skilled professional workforce will require the Human Resources Director to address the recruitment and development of managerial, technical, operational and administrative work groups that face transition through retire-ments, shifting demographics and a decrease in water related technical degrees.
Minimum Training and Experience
• Ten years successful work experience in human resources or organizational development; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Master’s degree may substitute for up to two years of required experience.
• Five years of managerial experience with demonstrated experience in budget development, administration, and supervision. • Strong communication skills, verbal and written. • Experience in policy development. Preferred Training and Experience
• Experience in developing training programs for employees of all levels.
• Experience in government. • Intermediate level use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
• MUNIS and/or NEOGOV experience. Required Education Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Business Administration or other related field.; Master’s degree preferred; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Required Licenses and Certifications Valid driver’s license. Compensation: Salary range for this position is $113,533.16 – $178,511.25. The actual salary will be determined based on the selected candidate’s qualifications and experience. Tampa Bay Water provides an excellent array of benefits. Tampa Bay Water is an equal opportunity employer and observes all applicable State of Florida Sunshine Laws. Apply on-line to www.GovHRjobs.com with resume, cover letter and contact information for five (5) professional references. Questions regarding this position may be directed to the attention of Jim Dineen, Vice President, GovHR USA, Tel: 847-380-3240. Position is open until filled / closed. Click HERE to apply