At Orange County Government we are proud to serve the public with integrity, honesty, fairness and professionalism. Our employees play an integral role in fulfilling this mission and they are the foundation of our success. In Human Resources, we continue to build on this success by striving to create an organization where great people thrive, partnerships prevail, and performance excels.
We are currently seeking a well-qualified candidate to fulfill the role of a “Human Resources Director”.
The Human Resources (HR) Director works with County Administration to develop and implement an HR strategy that aligns with Orange County Government’s vision, mission, and goals while fostering an organizational culture built on innovation, collaboration and inclusiveness. The Director provides consultation to County departments and management on strategic staffing plans, compensation, benefits, learning and development, employee and labor relations. In addition, the Director provides leadership to all areas of the Human Resources Division by planning, directing, and organizing the County’s human resources programs and employee relations functions to attract, develop and retain the best talent, enhance employee morale, ensure benefit and compensation levels are equitable, and confirm that all programs and services comply with County policy and applicable legislation.
- Establishes the Human Resources’ vision and mission in collaboration with County Administration to support the County’s objectives. Develops short and long-term plans for all Human Resources-related functions.
- Ensures consistent application of Human Resources’ vision, policies, and key strategic initiatives, and compliance with all federal, state, and local laws, rules, regulations and policies.
- Provides overall leadership and guidance to the HR function by overseeing talent acquisition, career development, succession planning, engagement, training, leadership development, employee and labor relations, compensation, and benefits.
- Develops comprehensive strategic recruiting and retention plans that meet human capital needs in order to support departments’ operating models. Responsible for overseeing the development and implementation of a comprehensive array of training programs that develop talent to support the skills gap within the organization.
- Develops and drives programs and initiatives that encourage diversity, equity and inclusion in County staffing and work processes.
- Responsible for organizational development programs and initiatives that support a culture of high engagement, performance and effectiveness of management and supervisors.
- Serves as a key advisor to County Administration and County leadership teams on organizational, management and employee relations issues. Serves on the County’s Strategy Team for union contract negotiations.
- Develops and monitors Human Resources Division’s budget consistent with County objectives.
- Responsible for a variety of human resources matters within the HR Division including hiring, discipline, training and development, performance reviews and related activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Human Resources Management, Business, Public Administration, or a closely related field and ten years of varied human resources experience in a management or supervisory capacity, to include four years of experience in a large organization including responsibility for union contract negotiations and administration.
Master’s degree from an accredited institution and professional certification in a related area.
$124,009 to $198,411
Salary based on qualifications
- 10 holidays including 1 floating holiday annually.
- 18 days paid time off per year.
- 6 days of TERM (sick) time annually.
- Low cost medical, dental, vision, additional life insurance, disability
- Free basic life, long term disability, and employee assistance for all the family members effective on day one.
- Employee assistance program includes one on one sessions and online tools for legal advice, financial
- planning, personal life balance, etc.
- Free access to Orlando Magic gyms for the whole family, free access to County Wellworks gyms.
Posting Date: 7/29/2022
Closing Date: 8/21/2022
Posting is subject to close without prior notice
To apply, visit www.orangecountyfl.net/jobs and apply against Job ID 29846