SARASOTA COUNTY GOVERNMENT
Solid Waste Collections Manager – Manager II
About Our Job
Perform managerial duties for the following sections of the Solid Waste Department: Curbside Collections, Education & Outreach, Keep Sarasota County Beautiful, and Hazardous Waste.
- Responsible for the overall safety and health of all section personnel.
- Monitor and maintain daily levels of service and respond to customer concerns.
- Manage, plan, and execute various programs (long and short range) in Solid Waste Collections section.
- Manage and monitor Franchise Agreement and Solid Waste Collections associated contracts.
- Manage and monitor the application of the Solid Waste Ordinance.
- Responsible for the overall leadership of professional, technical, administrative, field, and supervisory personnel.
- Responsible for the annual assessment and residential database.
- Responsible for the development and execution of solicitations and purchasing actions necessary for the Solid Waste Collections section.
- Builds and maintains relationships with public and private partners in the implementation of programs and services.
- Responsible for maintenance, safety, and security of chemical collection centers.
- Proactively implements public communication strategies to support programs and services.
- Makes presentations and represents the Solid Waste section with the public, other agencies, the Board of County Commissioners, and the County Administration.
Manages proactive assessments of fraud awareness, prevention, detection and risk mitigation activities in area of responsibility; oversees financial, compliance, operational and performance audits; reviews audit findings and ensures appropriate controls are established and implemented.
Minimum Qualifications: A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Business, Environmental, Transportation or related field and four (4) years of solid waste experience including at least two (2) years of supervisory experience. An Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or university and six (6) years of job-related experience. Professional related experience may substitute for the required degree on a year-for-year basis.
Preferred Qualifications: Advanced professional certifications in a related field are highly preferred.
Job Competencies: High level of proactive customer service, computer business applications, budgeting and public speaking.
About Everything Else
Pay: $60,174.40 - $79,788.80