Senior Manager, Field Services: This is a senior leadership position that manages and oversees the Field Services Division of the Sarasota County Public Works Department.
Pay Range: $80,121.60 - $108,409.60
Subject to Passing Substance Screening: This position is subject to passing a pre-employment substance screening. An applicant who fails to pass a required drug screening test shall be disqualified from employment in any class for a period of five years.
High level leadership, management and oversight of the Field Services Division of the Public Works Department which provides operation, maintenance, repair and construction of public transportation infrastructure within unincorporated Sarasota County and public stormwater infrastructure within unincorporated Sarasota County and the City of Sarasota.
- Attends regular Director’s Leadership meetings
- Keeps the Director and the Managers informed of possible issues associated with operational decisions.
- As assigned, coordinates resolution of issues and promotion of common goals with the Managers of the Divisions within Public Works and, as needed, with other Directors, Managers, Assistant County Administrators and the County Administrator.
- Provides leadership and guidance for the Division; development of and responsible for annual budgets, procures necessary resources to support Division functions, leads labor union interactions, focuses on customer service, builds a positive culture and morale with an innovative and productive workforce
- Builds community relations/partnerships through continually evolving excellent customer service
- Coordinates a consistent practice of procurement and contract management related activities
- Develops and maintains standardized Business Practices to ensure consistent performance across the Department
- Supports efforts for APWA Accreditation
- Advocates the County’s mission, vision and values for the benefit of the community.
- Promotes trustworthy working relationships by developing and empowering employees, promoting and supporting excellence, efficiency, innovation, openness and teamwork among staff.
- As required, meets with County Administration and individual County Commissioners regarding matters which are being or will be considered by the Board of County Commissioners at regularly scheduled meetings, as a result, may appear before the Board during public meetings, to make presentations regarding various matters which are being considered by the Board.
- Develops and implements an effective organizational structure for the Division
- Projects a positive attitude at all times as a representative of Sarasota County Government.
- Ensures adherence to applicable laws, regulations, policies
- Provides leadership and fosters staff professional development, workplace diversity and team building.
Manages proactive assessments of fraud awareness, prevention, detection and risk mitigation activities in area of responsibility; oversees financial, compliance, operational and performance audits; reviews audit findings and ensures appropriate controls are established and implemented.
Minimum Qualifications: A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Public Administration, Business Management or a related field and eight (8) or more years of related experience OR Master’s Degree in one of the above-mentioned fields with six (6) or more years of related experience. Four (4) or more years of supervisory/management experience. A valid Driver’s License is required.
Preferred Qualifications: Advanced professional certification related to the duties of this position is highly desirable. Effective Communication Skills. Experience with transportation and stormwater operations, maintenance and related equipment. Experience managing operating budgets. Effective communication and public speaking skills. Ability to manage people and projects with a focus on customer service, innovation and productivity. Excellent judgement and discretion. Management of labor union employees.
Sarasota County Government is committed to wellness and successful applicants must be tobacco free for twelve months preceding date of application.
Drug Free Work Environment EOE/AA/ADA
Please visit our website and apply at: https://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm01/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=ADVANCE&cws=40&rid=4448&SOURCE=FAC