SARASOTA COUNTY GOVERNMENT
Manager II – Procurement & Contracts Manager
About Our Job
Responsible for the successful strategy, development and execution of countywide procurements to maximize efficiency, cost savings and reduce liability exposure. Work is performed under the direction of the Procurement Official and will be delegated authority to act on behalf of the Procurement Official as appropriate.
· Provide supervision and oversight of procurement and contracts staff, prepare personnel evaluations, position descriptions, and initiate related personnel actions. Manage the procurement process from advertisement through recommended award and final contract execution. Oversee the review of all contracts requiring approval by the Procurement Official, the County Administrator and the BOCC.
· Responsible for ensuring strategic contracting for all County procurements and auditing County and vendor compliance with Contract Terms and Conditions. Oversees the collection and analysis of statistical data to measure the efficiency and effectiveness of procurement processes.
· Develop and maintain policies, procedures, forms, and templates to assist County staff in preparing solicitations and agreements. Develops, maintains, and facilitates training on policies/procedures as well as best practices for preparation of solicitations, agreements and contract administration.
· Provide regular and detailed progress reporting on all relevant solicitations and agreements.
· Oversee document management and retention of solicitations and contracts. Maintain a library of solicitation and contract templates available for County staff to further develop solicitations and agreements.
· Contribute to the continuous improvement of processes, systems, and procedures. Research and implement best practices. Remain current on public procurement and contracting issues and trends.
· Manages proactive assessments of fraud awareness, prevention, detection and risk mitigation activities in area of responsibility; oversees financial, compliance, operational and performance audits; reviews audit findings and ensures appropriate controls are established and implemented.
Minimum Qualifications: A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Business or Public Administration, Finance or related field plus four (4) years of experience in procurement or contracts. An Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or university and six (6) years of job-related experience. Two or more years of supervisory experience required. Related professional experience in public procurement or contract administration may substitute for the required degree on a year-for-year basis.
Preferred Qualifications: CPPB or CPPO or ability to obtain certification(s) within 12 months from date of hire.
· Considerable knowledge of Federal and State contracts and agreement requirements.
· Ability to comprehend and analyze legal documents.
· Ability to develop and ensure compliance with principles, policies and best practices related to procurement and legal agreements.
· Knowledge of SCG procurement and contract processes and practices.
· Ability to educate and train internal/external customers.
· Ability to coordinate and process high quality legal agreements, deadline driven, while maintaining attention to detail.
· Ability to work independently to solve problems and make sound professional decisions.
· Ability to effectively express ideas, both in written and verbal communications.
· Skill in using Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and contract document management system software.
About Everything Else
Pay: $60,174.40 - $79,788.80
We believe in continuing education and will pay for both training and testing for professional certifications:
· Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB)
· Certified Public Procurement Officer (CPPO)
· NIGP-CPP (Certified Procurement Professional)