SARASOTA COUNTY GOVERNMENT
Lifeguard Manager – Manager II
About Our Job
This is a non-certified, non-high risk, civilian position in operational management work overseeing and administrating the County Beach Lifeguard unit operation of county owned and/or operated beaches. This includes oversight of all unit functions, budget preparation and administration, establishing goals/objectives, accountability for unit outcomes, and supervision of staff including Lifeguard Supervisors.
· Monitor day-to-day operations of County Beach Lifeguard operations. Hire, develop, and mentor staff, and provide guidance to Lifeguard Supervisors. Develop goals and objectives for the business unit. Prepare and administer employee performance evaluations.
· Develop business plans and models and prepare and manage the annual budget. Develop and maintain informational reports. Coordinate and monitor inventory, purchasing, and receiving documentation.
· Network with other internal and external customers in related area such as ,Parks, Recreation and Natural Resources. General Services, Department of Health, Human Resources, Mote Marine Laboratory, local Fire and Law Enforcement agencies, and the United States Coast Guard. Promote beneficial relationships with citizens, neighborhood associations and activity interest groups, including the design and delivery of group presentations.
· Identify trends and develops knowledge of new techniques in the profession. Using resources of the United States Lifesaving Association, Florida Beach Patrol Chiefs Association, National Weather Services, and Centers for Disease Control.
· Develop, implement, and administer policies and procedures. Maintain records and reports. Ensure business units compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
· Partners with Human Resources on employee relations issues or with other HR related matters, such as hiring or staffing models.
· Manages proactive assessments of fraud awareness, prevention, detection and risk mitigation activities in area of responsibility; oversees financial, compliance, operational and performance audits; reviews audit findings and ensures appropriate controls are established and implemented.
Minimum Qualifications: A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Business Administration, Open Water Beach Lifeguarding experience, Aquatic Programming and Open Water Beach Lifeguarding Management or related field and four (4) years of job-related experience. An Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or university and six (6) years of job-related experience. Two or more years of supervisory experience required. Year-for-year experience may substitute for the college degree. Current certification as a CPR Instructor, First Aid Instructor, Lifeguard Instructor and First Responder certificate required and must be maintained to remain in position Also, must obtain these certifications within six (6) months from date of hire: ICS 100, 200, 300, 400, 700, 800.
Preferred Qualifications: Advanced professional certification highly desirable.
Job Competencies: Ability to manage self and staff in a high-performing, values driven organization. Skills in personnel management and lifesaving techniques. Skills in basic software applications, e-mail communications, internet, computer, copier, shredder, phones, faxes. Business writing and communication skills.
Pay: $60,174.40 - $79,788.80