SARASOTA COUNTY GOVERNMENT
Fleet Division Manager - Fleet Services - Manager III
Leads, manages and provides policy and guidance to managers and business professionals assigned to Fleet Services. Responsible for the development and implementation of business plans and budgets, and accountability for outcomes.
- Oversees all functional activities for Fleet including the development of business plans, new business models, and staffing plans.
- Responsible for managing the development and implementation of strategic goals & objectives for multiple work units.
- Responsible for managing the development & overseeing budgets & financial activities.
- Interfaces with other units/core services & city/county officials.
- Provides guidance & direction to staff including hiring & conducting performance appraisals. Partners with HR on employee relations issues; recommends & administers disciplinary actions.
- Responsible for guiding the development and implementation of long-range maintenance plans & service level agreements.
- Reviews & analyzes current vehicle & equipment data for training, repeat repairs, costing, lease, developing maintenance rates, adjusting life cycles, fuel mpg’s (miles per gallon)/cpm’s (cents per mile), direct labor, performance indicators.
- Provides guidance & oversight for developing implementing & monitoring vendor contracts.
- Oversees procurement of services, supplies & equipment.
- Prepares & presents special reports & presentations.
- Assigns special projects as required.
- Develops & maintains effective & collaborative relationships with core service asset owners.
Manages proactive assessments of fraud awareness, prevention, detection & risk mitigation activities in area of responsibility; oversees financial, compliance, operational & performance audits; reviews audit findings & ensures appropriate controls are established & implemented.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in a related field and six (6) years of related experience OR A Master’s Degree with four (4) or more years of related experience.
- At least four (4) or more years of the experience must be in a supervisory capacity.
- May consider substituting years of experience for 4-year degree which would be a minimum 10 years of related experience.
Preferred Qualifications: Fleet Manager Certification through Association of Equipment Management Professionals (AEMP), National Association of Fleet Administrators (NAFA) or American Public Works Association (APWA). If candidate does not possess certification, attain certification within the first 12 months of employment.
Job Competencies: Management experience with ability to mentor/lead others & oversee work. Microsoft Word, Excel & computer skills including Fleet software. Knowledge of policies & legal regulations (such as DPE, EPA, DOT, FLDR). Strong communication skills (written & oral), excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to manage complex & difficult assignments & monitor/coordinate projects. Ability to coordinate & implement change. Skills in advising & guiding customers. Ability to interface with agency counterparts. Problem solving skills.
About Everything Else
Pay: $70,075.20 - $94,016.00
Visit the website here.