Facilities and Fleet Operations Senior Manager
Do you like leaving things better than you found them? We serve the greater good! Our team is here to make Sarasota the premier community to live, work and play!
Sarasota has 37 miles of award-winning beaches, over 80 parks and 100 golf courses, and is known as the cultural capital of Florida with museums of art, theaters, an aquarium, botanical gardens and the annual international film festival. Unsurpassed beauty, rich cultural offering, diverse educational opportunities, wide-ranging recreational possibilities make Sarasota a great place to live and work!
We believe in work-life balance with a generous leave plan.
“US News & World Report: Sarasota is No. 1 in Florida and No. 18 in the country for best place to live.”
We need YOU to help create wonderful experiences for residents and vacationing guests enjoying Sarasota! Apply today!
Department: General Services
About Our Job
Responsible for the leadership, management, and oversight of the daily operations and spending of the Facilities & Fleet Services Divisions. Represents the Divisions in budget and strategic planning. Ensures integrated policy and procedure development across both Divisions. Responsible for exceptional customer service and work order/project status communications. Fosters an environment where Continuous Improvement and adherence to strict safety guidelines are paramount. Represents the Department Director during absence.
- Responsible for the daily operations of the Facilities & Fleet Divisions. Develops, implements, and monitors capital and operating budgets and relevant policies, programs, practices, and procedures. Drives implementation of strategic plans and monitors progress towards the achievement of goals and objectives through identification and reporting on relevant performance metrics, success indicators, and project milestones. Supervises, empowers, and develops managers and staff. Responsible for succession planning, continuity of operations planning, human resources activities, staff performance, and disciplinary action.
- In conjunction with the Department Director, responsible for oversight of all phases of facilities life cycle management for County-owned and operated facilities with emphasis on life-cycle costing and asset optimization. Responsible for long-range master planning, short-range operational planning and space utilization, and renovation design and construction planning. Implements and monitors standards and metrics. Represents the Division and, when required, the Department in emergency operations.
- In conjunction with Department Director, responsible for oversight of all phases of fleet life cycle management for County-owned and operated fleet equipment and machinery, acquisition and disposal, and replacement analyses. Monitors billing rates to ensure respective internal service funds are whole. Ensures technicians maintain training/certification. Implements and monitors standards and metrics. Represents the Division and when required, the Department in emergency operations.
- Oversees the procurement/contract activity in the Divisions, ensuring compliance with County procurement policies. Also, looks for appropriate efficiencies. Escalates concerns to Department Director. Oversees development of bids and RFPs. Participates in contract negotiations and holds personnel accountable for contract management and proper oversight.
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8 AM - 5 PM
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Public or Business Administration, Civil or Environmental Engineering, Planning, or a related field AND 8 or more years of related experience.
- - OR - Master's degree in above areas AND 6 or more years of related experience.
- 4 or more years of supervisory experience.
- Previous government and emergency response/management.
- Experience with Fleet and Facilities, development review and related functions.
- Experience with Continuous Improvement activities.
About Everything Else
Pay: $81,744-$100,000, based on experience.
Employee Type: At Will (Budgeted)
- Enjoy great benefits including Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Florida Retirement System (FRS) and many, many more!
- For more information about employee benefits, please click this link or visit SCGov.net for additional information.
- Utilize our award-winning wellness program including free gyms and classes at multiple Sarasota County Government locations.
- Enjoy 11 paid holidays, 3 personal days and 16 paid vacation days in the first year of full-time employment with increasing accrual rates with years of service. (That adds up to a possible 30 days off in your 1st year!)
Sarasota County Government is a Tobacco Free/Drug Free Workplace
Sarasota County Government promotes diversity and inclusion in its workforce and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender identification or expression, genetic information, religion, national origin, marital status, age or disability. A job applicant with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to participate in the application/selection process is requested to make known the need for an accommodation to Human Resources or appropriate county staff members. For assistance with the application, please call 941-861-5353.
Apply online: https://scgov.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/SCGOV/job/Cattleman/Facilities-and-Fleet-Operations-Senior-Manager_R13267