Business Operations Manager III: This is a senior leadership position that manages and oversees the Business Administration Division supporting the entire Public Works Department of Sarasota County Government.
Pay Rate: $68,702.40 - $92,164.80
Subject to Passing Substance Screening: This position is subject to passing a pre-employment substance screening. An applicant who fails to pass a required drug screening test shall be disqualified from employment in any class for a period of five years.
Leadership, management and oversight of the Public Works Business Administration Division which provides financial, customer service, procurement, contract management, human resource, capital asset and project coordination, assessment district, and general administration for the Public Works Department.
- Attends regular Director’s Leadership meetings
- Keeps the Director and the Managers informed of possible issues associated with operational decisions.
- As assigned, coordinates resolution of issues and promotion of common goals with the Managers of the Divisions within Public Works and, as needed, with other Directors, Managers, Assistant County Administrators and the County Administrator.
- Provides financial administration and guidance for the Department; development of financial plans, annual budgets, rate and fee structures, borrowing, debt service and fund balance management and special projects; financial planning; revenue and expenditure projections for all Divisions; budget monitoring; manages accounts payable and receivable; capital projects coordination with associated funding recommendations
- Coordinates a consistent practice of procurement and contract management related activities
- Develops and maintains standardized Business Practices to ensure consistent performance across the Department
- Administers efforts for APWA Accreditation
- Participates in the annual strategic and business planning efforts, and the development of the operating and CIP budgets
- Advocates the County’s mission, vision and values for the benefit of the community.
- Promotes trustworthy working relationships by developing and empowering employees, promoting and supporting excellence, efficiency, innovation, openness and teamwork among staff.
- Facilitates or coordinates a variety of business and administrative development efforts as needed by the Director or Managers of the Public Works Department.
- As required, meets with County Administration and individual County Commissioners regarding matters which are being or will be considered by the Board of County Commissioners at regularly scheduled meetings, as a result, may appear before the Board during public meetings, to make presentations regarding various matters which are being considered by the Board.
- Develops and implements an effective organizational structure for the Division
Manages proactive assessments of fraud awareness, prevention, detection and risk mitigation activities in area of responsibility; oversees financial, compliance, operational and performance audits; reviews audit findings and ensures appropriate controls are established and implemented.
Minimum Qualifications: A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Public Administration, Business Management, Finance or a related field and six (6) or more years of related experience OR Master’s Degree in a field listed above with four (4) or more years of related experience. Four (4) or more years of supervisory experience is required. A valid Driver’s License is required.
Preferred Qualifications: Advanced professional certification related to the duties of this position is highly desirable. Effective Communication Skills. Experience with the Governmental Accounting, Auditing and Financial Reporting Standards (GAAFR). Experience managing operating and capital budgets. Effective communication and public speaking skills.
Sarasota County Government is committed to wellness and successful applicants must be tobacco free for twelve months preceding date of application.
Drug Free Work Environment EOE/AA/ADA
Please visit our website and apply online at https://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm01/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=ADVANCE&cws=40&rid=4447&SOURCE=FAC