SANTA ROSA COUNTY
JOB TITLE: Engineer III
SALARY: $60,694.40 - $103,001.60
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Performs supervisory and professional engineering work in the field or office in connection with investigation, development, design, construction and maintenance of public works projects under the direction of the County Engineer.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Essential functions are fundamental job duties. They do not include marginal tasks which are also performed but are incidental to the primary functions. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position, nor does every position allocated to the class necessarily perform every duty listed. Personal characteristics required of all employees such as honesty, industry, sobriety and the ability to get along with others, are presumed qualities and may not be listed specifically.
- Participates in the development and implementation of policies and procedures, rules and regulations in accordance with local, State and Federal requirements;
- Plans and coordinates major program activities, including a variety of types of public works;
- Assures compliance with legal regulations, prescribed specifications and construction inspections;
- Prepares and reviews plans, specifications and preliminary and final costs estimates;
- Prepares maintenance and/or construction contracts;
- Conducts inspections and studies of a special nature where engineering problems exist;
- Acts as a County liaison with the State Department of Transportation and other regulatory agencies;
- Performs technical studies of a variety of problems and projects;
- Implements the Board's policies, ordinances and recommendations;
- Participates in the preparation of federal and state grant, loan and permit applications pertaining to public works projects;
- Attends meetings, workshops and seminars when authorized or directed;
- Prepares regular and special reports;
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Graduation from an accredited college or university with major course work in Civil Engineering. Four years professional engineering experience, two years of which must have been in a supervisory capacity; registration as a professional Engineer in the State of Florida.
LICENSE: Applicant must possess a valid Driver’s License at the date of hire and maintain said license while employed in this position.
To obtain more information and apply, visit www.governmentjobs.com/careers/santarosa.