Registration for the upcoming Policy Committee Conference will open soon. Included in the registration fee is the opportunity to attend an elective workshop on Understanding Charter Government. You won’t want to miss this workshop on Friday morning.
The state constitution provides Floridians the power to restructure their county government through the development of a county charter subject to approval by the electorate. Among the states, Florida’s home rule powers are unique and considerable, and have resulted in diverse county organizations around the state. This workshop is open to all Commissioners and county staff. Commissioners and county staff in attendance will receive 3 Elective credit hours towards their CCC/CGEP certification.
Topics covered will include:
• The legal process for developing a charter and various elements & options for charters
• Special powers of charter county governments
• Practical challenges of reform through charter government
• Examples of different organizational structures in place around the state
• Emerging issues and important considerations in developing or revising a charter.
To reserve your seat for this workshop during Policy Committee Conference, be sure to check the option under sessions during the registration process, or you may notify Becky Berentsen via email at email@example.com.