The Seminole County Charter Review Commission seeks to retain Special Legal Counsel for the 2023-2024 review session. The Charter Review Commission is authorized and empowered to conduct a comprehensive review of all aspects of the Seminole County Charter and its functionality. The Commission’s recommendations shall be submitted to the Seminole County Board of County Commissioners for consideration and placement on the 2024 Seminole County Voter Ballot. Qualifications for the Special Legal Counsel position are as follows:
1. Authorized to Practice Law in the State of Florida
2. Has at least 5 years of practice experience
3. Prior Charter Review Commission experience within the state of Florida.
4. A member of a law firm.
5. Has a practice in Central Florida (Seminole, Orange, Osceola, Lake, Brevard, Volusia).
6. Has no conflicts of interest with Seminole County, the Charter Review Commission, Seminole County Constitutional Officers and elected officials.
7. Does not represent any cities in Seminole County.
Applicants may submit a proposal, resume, and cover letter in PDF or Word format to Meloney Koontz in the Seminole County Manager’s Office at MKoontz@seminolecountyfl.gov by December 1, 2023.
****Florida has a very broad Public Records Law. Virtually all written communications to or from State and Local Officials and employees are public records available to the public and media upon request. Seminole County policy does not differentiate between personal and business emails. E-mail sent on the County system will be considered public and will only be withheld from disclosure if deemed confidential pursuant to State Law.****