SARASOTA COUNTY GOVERNMENT
About Our Job
Are you a candidate that would like to be involved in Countywide projects? Love to keep up with federal laws? Sarasota County is looking for a Grants Analyst III for our OFM Department. Every time a federal law is issued, changed, or adjusted; our Grants team must review the contracts to make sure the County is still meeting all compliance requirements. You will play a key role in developing, implementing, updating, analyzing, and maintaining a multi-year fiscal plan including Operating, Capital, Grants, Legislative Analysis and Special Projects. This amazing team believes in cross training to really help each other out in work/life balance. We want you to see the projects you are working on, so there are site visits throughout the project for you to really see exactly how your job helps support Sarasota County. If this sounds like you, please apply today!
- Manage grants fiscal operations. Establish, modify, and implement grant and accounting procedures. Establish financial controls and systems for new grants/programs.
- Maintain all pertinent records, files, and documents; assures completeness and accuracy consistent with external and internal audit requirements.
- Regularly coordinate grant administration matters with Procurement, Risk, and Office of County Attorney and maintains regular and recurring contacts with various external grantors.
- Organize and prepare required financial and program reports for grant funded projects.
- Prepare databases to generate adequate grant and project reports for executive management. Organize and prepare required management reports for capital projects and grants.
- Prepare and present complex written materials to transmit project and funding information. Prepare Board, County Administration, and other committee presentations.
- Research, analyze, and implement federal, state, and local rules and regulations.
- Develop and conduct education meetings one on one and with large groups regarding Federal, State, and local policy and regulations as they pertain to grants.
- Partner with Business Units and/or other agencies. Participate on high level strategy teams across functional areas to develop innovative approaches for meeting fiscal challenges. Develop strong, facilitative relationships. May serve as a resource to others in the resolution of complex problems and issues.
- Coordinate disaster response and financial preparedness and assist with updating/maintaining countywide standard operating procedures related to disaster preparedness.
- Participate in sensitive, technical, and special projects. Analyze projects that address controversial, unprecedented, and sensitive issues.
- BA or BS degree from an accredited college or university in Public Administration, Business, Finance, Economics, Statistics, or other related field and minimum of six (6) years of progressively responsible professional experience
- Master’s degree in a related field may substitute for one year of the required experience
- CPA license may substitute for one year of the required experience
- Related professional experience or certifications may substitute for the required education
- Two (2) years of grant experience
- Government experience
About Everything Else:
Pay range: $56,014.40 – $70,000.00