SARASOTA COUNTY GOVERNMENT
About Our Job
As the General Services Department Director, you are responsible for management and oversight of Facilities Maintenance and Planning, Fleet Services, Materials Management, and Mail/Print Services. This role includes direct supervision of six team members including guidance and support to division managers. You’ll also oversee budget and strategy planning, development, and execution. This role is also directly responsible, as main point of contact, to all Elected/Appointed Officials who occupy County maintained space.
Up to $5,000 relocation available for those moving 50+ miles to join the premier community where people choose to live, work, and play!
- Develop, implement, and monitor capital and operating budgets and relevant policies, programs, practices, and procedures.
- Drive implementation of strategic plans and monitor progress towards achievement of goals and objectives.
- Supervise, empower, and develop managers including development of staff; succession planning, continuity of operations planning; manage human resources activities, evaluate staff performance, and administer disciplinary action in consultation with Human Resources.
- Responsible for oversight of all phases of facilities life cycle management for County-owned and operated facilities with emphasis on life-cycle costing and asset optimization: long-range master planning; short-range operational planning and space utilization; design and construction planning, implementation, and standards development; maintenance and building operations, and associated use of work, asset, and inventory management technology; building renovation/restoration/rehabilitation planning and project management; emergency preparedness.
- Responsible for oversight of all phases of fleet life cycle management for County-owned and operated fleet equipment and machinery: acquisition and disposal; replacement analysis and planning; vehicle and equipment maintenance – preventive, predictive, and corrective; vehicle fuel management; risk management/mitigation; training/certification oversight and monitoring; ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Responsible for oversight of Materials Management and Mail/Print Services functions: project budget and milestones management and implementation, procedure development and communication, staff training and development, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Architecture, Engineering, Building Construction or related field
- 10 years of professional experience in a management position
- Must have 3-5 years of experience in facilities and/or fleet.
- OR a Master’s degree may substitute for two years of required experience
- International Facilities Management Certification
- Certified Automotive Fleet Manager
About Everything Else
Pay: $136,000 – $153,000 based on your experience