About Our Job
Direct and coordinate the overall operation and related activities of the Sarasota County Emergency Management Division, working second in command to the Emergency Management Chief. Manage the various Emergency Management Sections to ensure an efficient and effective response to incidents or events. This is accomplished through the development, training of, exercising of drills, and the coordination of departments and external agencies in support of an emergency or a countywide response.
- Work second in command to the Emergency Management Chief.
- Represents the Emergency Management Division in the absence of the EM Chief.
- Serves as a Shift Incident Manager in the Multi-Agency Coordination Center during activation of the Emergency Operations Center (EOC).
- Consistently strive for excellence and improvement in the daily operations and functions of the Emergency Management Division.
- Lead the Local Mitigation Strategy Working Group.
- Lead the development of strategic plan for the Emergency Management Division.
- Create and maintain a “play book” of all recovery related operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Public Administration, Finance, Homeland Security and Emergency Management, or related field AND four (4) years of job-related experience.
- – OR – Associate’s Degree AND six (6) years of job-related experience.
- Two or more years of supervisory experience required.
- Year-for-year experience may substitute for the college degree.
- Valid Florida driver’s license.
- Certified Emergency Manager (CEM) certification issued by the International Association of Emergency Managers.
- Florida Professional Emergency Manager (FPEM) certification issued by the Florida Emergency Preparedness Association.
- Completion of the FEMA Advanced Professional Series within five (5) years of employment.
- FEMA Professional Development Series certificate, FEMA Advanced Professional Development Series certificate, FEMA G 300, G 400, L449 certificates, E/L0950 NIMS ICS All Hazards Incident Commander Course.
About Everything Else
Pay: $63,627.20 – $87,880.00