ADVERTISEMENT FOR RFQ NO. 2023-09
SUWANNEE COUNTY BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
WILL RECEIVE RFQS FOR THE FOLLOWING:
Date/Time/Location for Receiving RFQs:
Friday, April 14, 2023, 4:00 pm
Late submittals will not be considered
Suwannee County Clerk of Courts, Cashier Window
200 S Ohio Avenue, Live Oak, FL 32064
Date/Time/Location for RFQ Opening:
Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 10:00 am or soon thereafter
Judicial Annex, 218 Parshley Street SW, Live Oak, FL 32064
RFQ Documents Available from:
DemandStar, suwanneecountyfl.gov or
Suwannee County Administration
13150 80th Terrace, Live Oak, FL 32060
The Suwannee County Board of County Commissioners is seeking qualified attorneys, or firms, to provide services as the
County Attorney, on a contractual basis. Objective criteria, outlined in the County’s Request for Qualifications documentation,
will be utilized when evaluating and ranking qualified respondents.
Scope of Work:
- Review and obtain a clear understanding of County priorities from the Board of County Commissioners and County
- Available to appear before all Board of County Commission meetings, workshops, and hearings.
- Provide progress reports before Board of County Commission meetings.
- Provide legal services to the Board and other agencies, officers, and boards of the County.
- Provide basic legal services that are the routine, minor, operational legal questions, drafting ordinances, resolutions, and opinions.
- Provide legal services for litigations and special projects. Lawsuits instigated by or against the County and special projects including working with and overseeing special counsel who may be retained by the County from time to time where municipal experience and special qualifications are needed.
Qualifications and Experience
- Be a member in good standing of the Florida Bar.
- Be presently engaged in the active practice of law and have been so engaged for at least five (5) consecutive years prior to the date of responding to the RFQ. Preference will be given to responders who have experience in a governmental setting, representing governmental entities or representing parties before governmental entities.
- Knowledge of Suwannee County, its affairs, and operations.
- Be covered by a Lawyers Professional Liability Insurance Policy with limits of not less than $1,000,000.00 in the aggregate.