SARASOTA COUNTY GOVERNMENT
About Our Job
Do you thrive in dynamic environments with multiple priorities? As the County Administration Office Manager you’ll support, supervise and oversee the work of the four executive assistants providing support to the Commissioners, assistant county administrators, governmental relations manager and agenda coordinator to keep Sarasota County moving forward.
- Handle all logistics necessary for the administrative office to run smoothly.
- Oversee logistics and scheduling for all regular and special Board meetings, joint meetings, workshops, retreats, offsite meetings and ceremonial recognitions.
- Manage department budget and ensure all invoices, purchase orders, etc. are handled in compliance with organizational policies.
- Supervise a fully functioning, qualified, cross-trained team to ensure smooth, cohesive and efficient operation of administrative functions.
- Manage professional development of staff encouraging advancement of job competencies and participation in learning activities.
- Coach and mentor staff to create a motivational climate that values diversity and encourages shared learning.
- Select and hire support staff, as needed.
- Oversee agenda management process, ensuring publication of accurate and timely agendas for all regular and special Board meetings and workshops.
- Review and approval of individual agenda items.
- Oversees internet and intranet pages/templates/schedules.
- Work with IT to ensure Meetings on Demand website is operational, up-to-date and user friendly and agenda software is functional.
- Bachelor’s Degree AND 4 years of related experience
- – OR – Associate’s degree AND 6 years of job-related experience
- – OR – Year-for-year experience may substitute for the college degree
- 2 or more years of supervisory experience
- Advanced professional certification highly preferred
About Everything Else
Pay: $72,000 – $89,000