Capital Projects Management
Nassau County Board of County Commissioners
Nassau County is 726 square miles of natural beauty located in the northeast corner of Florida along the Atlantic Ocean and Interstate 95. With 13 miles of pristine beaches, hundreds of miles of rivers, historic downtown Fernandina Beach, and an expanding economy. The combination of rich history, rural charm, natural resources, quality-of-life, and proximity to strategic installations provides Nassau County with unparalleled potential. Part of the Jacksonville Metropolitan Area, Nassau County has a population of 91,113 and a regional population of 1.6 million, the Florida Bureau of Economic and Business Research (BEBR) estimates that Nassau County grew by 4.92% last year ranking as the 4th fastest-growing county, by percent growth, in Florida [2nd among counties with a population of at least 80,000]. BEBR predicts Nassau County will be the sixth fastest-growing county in the State of Florida over the next 10 years with a projected population expansion of 33% resulting in over 121,600 people calling Nassau County home.
To view the position description or submit your application for consideration, visit: https://nassauemployees.munisselfservice.com/employmentopportunities/default.aspx
This position provides complex professional work ensuring proper application of Civil Engineering principles and techniques. Position focuses on managing the county-wide Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) in compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, laws and regulations. Performs related administrative and supervisory work as required.
- Plans, manages, coordinates and supervises the county-wide CIP.
- Coordinates with professional, technical, supervisory and support staff; duties include instructing; planning, assigning and reviewing work; maintaining standards and coordinating activities as they relate to the CIP.
- Monitors project progress and ensures timely delivery of the adopted CIP including the annual revision of the CIP Book.
- Attends public hearings, meetings and pre-construction conferences concerning CIP projects.
- Manages the CIP in accordance with CCNA.
- Assists the Deputy County Manager/County Engineer with grant applications, grant reporting/monitoring, and reimbursement as related to the CIP.
- Assist the Deputy County Manager/County Engineer in working with OMB to allocate CIP project funding allocations.
- Ensures CIP projects stay within budgetary constraints, meet all contractual requirements and deadlines.
- Reviews the work of subordinate staff for completeness and accuracy; evaluates performance and makes recommendations; offers advice and assistance as needed.
- Assists the Deputy County Manager/County Engineer in developing and implementing the CIP including long range planning of projects as well as daily oversight of active projects.
- Assists in providing for the adequate training and development of division employees as assigned.
- Ensures the CIP is implemented in accordance with Nassau County purchasing policies and procedures.
- Ensures CIP contracts include required conformance with Federal, State and County policies and standards.
- Reviews bid packages, requests for proposals, requests for qualifications including scope of services, specifications, contract documents, location maps, etc.; responds to requests for additional data and/or clarification; reviews bids and proposals and makes recommendations for award to the Deputy County Manager/County Engineer.
- Ensures department compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, laws and regulations.
- Assists in developing and administering division budgets as assigned; Reviews and approves invoices related to CIP projects for payment.
- Performs contract administration and management after award of contracts which includes monitoring work performance and progress; directing contractors and consultants; coordinating work between various agencies involved with the projects; and reviewing and processing contractor/consultant invoices.
- Coordinates division activities with other divisions, departments, agencies and utilities as required.
- Reviews technical documents as submitted by contractors, engineers and developers.
- Meets with County Staff, grant agencies and staff to discuss active and proposed projects.
- Prepares status reports as directed. Prepares exhibits to aid in Board decision making.
- Directs special projects as assigned.
- Receives and responds to public inquiries, requests for assistance and complaints.
- Performs a variety of routine administrative duties as required, which may include but are not limited to preparing reports and correspondence, entering computer data, attending and conducting meetings, etc.
(These essential functions are not a complete statement of all duties required of the job. Employees will be required to perform such other related job duties as may be assigned or required.)
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or other relevant field and/or five (5) years or more of capital project management experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Experience in working in project management or construction management required. Possession of a Professional Engineer License issued by the State of Florida preferred. Must possess a valid State Driver’s License.
The salary range for this position is $73,836.27 – $112,350.78. The County provides a comprehensive benefits program and participates in the Florida Retirement System (FRS) and has a 3% employee contribution requirement. Voluntary supplemental 457 deferred compensation retirement is also available. For additional benefit information, visit: https://www.nassaucountyfl.com/243/Employee-Benefits.
Nassau County is a Drug Free Workplace; Nassau County values the service veterans and their family members have given to our country and that the County supports the hiring of returning service members, military spouses, and their family members as such this position is eligible for Veterans’ Preference in accordance with applicable laws.