Human Resources Department
7536 State Street
New Port Richey, FL 34654
INVITES APPLICATIONS FOR THE POSITION OF:
Assistant Engineering Services Director
$88,750.00 – $144,842.00 Annually
POSTING DATE: 09/10/21
CLOSING DATE: 10/07/21
Starting Salary: $88,750.00
Pay Grade: M51
Current Pasco County Employees: Please refer to the Personnel Policy & Procedure Manual for starting salary information.
Department: Engineering Services
Location: New Port Richey
General Description: This is a highly responsible managerial and administrative position reporting directly to the Engineering Services Director/County Engineer. The incumbent will provide strategic direction, conflict resolution and management oversight to the Engineering Services Department, Project Management/Engineering Inspections/Bonding Division, ensuring delivery of Transportation Capital Projects, Engineering Inspections of Transportation Capital Projects, and residential and commercial development sites, as well as Surety Bonding Management. Additional duties include development and administer the departmental business plan and budget; and providing technical and administrative support to the Engineering Services Director/ County Engineer.
EMERGENCY RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES: All employees will be required to work before, during, or after an emergency. During an emergency, employees may temporarily be assigned to work and perform duties outside the normal scope of their position, location and work schedule to fit the needs of the County and its citizens.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Directs the activities of the Engineering Services Department, Project Management/ Inspections/Bonding Division, including delivery of the County’s annual Transportation Capital Improvement Plan (TCIP), which includes development of PD&E and route studies, design/permitting, and preparation of construction drawings and bid documents for transportation project construction. Assists the Engineering Services Director in the management of Engineering Design, Project Management, and Engineering Inspections. Performs other engineering management and administrative functions as directed by the Engineering Services Director. Represents the County as an expert witness in court proceedings; and at public meetings and workshops, which often are in the evening. Prepares division budget. Coaches, develops, and evaluates division team members. Performs other related work, as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of practices and standards of civil engineering, and project management related to transportation infrastructure.
- Knowledge of the practices and procedures used in the planning, design, and construction of roads, streets, and bridges.
- Knowledge of contracts and contract management (from PD&E to Construction).
- Possession of administrative engineering and leadership skills with the ability to cultivate a positive work environment that encourages growth and employee engagement.
- Ability to set a vision for the division that aligns with that of the County’s vision, Pasco- Florida’s Premier County.
- Ability to build a strong leadership team to implement the vision, mission, and goals of the County.
- Ability to analyze and solve administrative problems.
- Ability to supervise, plan, review, and evaluate technical engineering projects, designs, construction plans and specifications.
- Ability to prepare written technical reports, estimates, construction, and cost records.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the County Commissioners, County employees, business partners, other governmental agencies, and the public, often in stressful situations.
- Ability to prepare and analyze operation procedures and administrative reports.
- Ability to represent the County in public speaking events.
- Must be an effective change agent driven to inspire and implement change with excellent customer service, leadership, and communication skills.
- Ability to maintain an enthusiastic, self-reliant, and self-starting approach to meet job responsibilities and accountability.
- Ability to anticipate work to be done and initiates proper and acceptable direction for completion of work with a minimum of supervision and instruction.
- A Master’s Degree in Engineering or Engineering Management is preferred.
PHYSICAL SKILLS: Ability to communicate effectively using verbal, written and visual communication.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering and Ten (10) years of experience in transportation engineering, highway design and/or construction experience.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS OR REGISTRATIONS: Must possess current registration as a Professional Engineer in the State of Florida. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
ADA STATEMENT: A qualified employee or applicant with a disability may be afforded a reasonable accommodation to perform the essential job functions of a position in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE: Pasco County BOCC is a drug-free workplace in accordance with Federal and Florida law.
VETERANS’ PREFERENCE: Under Section 295.07, F.S., Chapter SSA-7, Pasco County BCC provides to Veterans, that preference in appointment will be given to preference-eligible applicants.
Applicants should visit pascocountyfl.net to apply
PASCO COUNTY WAS VOTED ONE OF THE NATION’S TOP WORK PLACES FOR 2021