MAJOR FUNCTION: Provides management of the Airport’s administration, operations, maintenance and security. This position reports to Executive Director Air & Seaport.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS NEEDED TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Knowledge of Federal, State and local laws, rules and regulations governing airport operations and administration.
- Knowledge of industry-standard management practices for airports, including but not limited to administrations, operations, maintenance (including preventive maintenance), safety, security and noise abatement.
- Knowledge of rules and procedures for securing federal and state funding support for airport maintenance, improvement, expansion and planning projects.
- Knowledge federal and state recordkeeping requirements, especially as they pertain to airport operations and grants.
- Ability to plan, assign, review and supervise the work of employees performing diversified maintenance, administrative and operational functions in a manner conducive to full performance and high morale.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the airport’s stakeholders, public officials, and the general public.
- Ability to represent the airport effectively both in person and in writing to a wide range of audiences.
- Ability to adopt a proactive approach to airport operations generally, to recognize industry trends in operations, and implement changes that reflect them.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION:
- Plans and directs the overall operations and maintenance of the airport including staff supervision.
- Enforces federal, state and local rules and regulations governing airport use.
- Responsible for the coordination of operational, planning and construction activities with federal, state and local funding and regulatory agencies and for insuring compliance with all of the regulations and procedures required by those agencies.
- Recommends, develops and implements airport policies, rules and regulations, minimum standards and changes thereto.
- Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the airport noise abatement program.
- Assists in the strategic planning, execution of the business plan and management of programs and resources involved in the operation and economic development of the airport.
- Confers regularly with aircraft owners and operators, fixed base operators, tenants and subtenants, and members of federal, state and local agencies regarding airport operations.
- Make recommendations regarding infrastructure.
- Coordinates specifications for purchase of new and additional equipment and requisitions for purchases for use at the airport.
- Manages the fiscal matters pertaining to the airport, including operations, capital improvements and budget information, budget compliance and revenue enhancement/cost containment initiatives.
- Preparation of work using many computer applications. Performs related work as requested or assigned.
EDUCATION: Graduation from an accredited college or university, with a degree in aviation science, airport management, business management or closely related field required.
EXPERIENCE: Eight years of progressively responsible experience in airport operations, maintenance, and management is required. This must include substantial tenure at a commercial airport and hands-on experience with FAA Part 139 and TSA Part 1542. A comparable amount of training or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.
LICENSE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION: Requires a valid Florida driver’s license and good driving record. Must be able to pass FAA and Customs background checks and satisfy all requirements to acquire and maintain FAA/TSA security requirements and Customs Area security clearance. Specialized airport operations, safety/security and maintenance training may be necessary and may be required to travel for training.
TO APPLY GO TO: Job Opportunities | BOCC Job Opportunities (governmentjobs.com)