- Review national and state tax policies relating to the communications industry;
- Review the historical amount of tax revenue that has been generated by the communications services taxes imposed or administered under chapter 202, Florida Statutes, for the purposes of determining the effect that laws passed in the past 5 years have had on declining revenues;
- Review the extent to which this revenue has been relied on to secure bonded indebtedness;
- Review the fairness of the state’s communications tax laws and the administrative burdens it contains, including whether the applicability of the tax laws is reasonably clear to communications services providers, retailers, customers, local government entities and state administrators;
- Identify options for streamlining the administrative system; and
- Identify options that remove competitive advantages within the industry as it relates to the state's tax structure without unduly reducing revenue to local governments.
- A report of the working group is due to the Governor, the President of the Senate, and the Speaker of the House of Representatives by February 1, 2013.
The Florida Association of Counties has two representatives appointed to the Task Force workgroups. The representatives are:
- Davin J. Suggs, Senior Legislative Advocate, Florida Association of Counties
- Alan S. Rosenzweig, Deputy County Administrator, Leon County
FAC staff will continue to not only monitor activities of the CST workgroup, but also provide staff support to the appointed representatives.
For More Information
Please visit http://dor.myflorida.com/dor/cst_workgroup/ for more information on the workgroup including:
- A complete listing of Task Force and workgroup members;
- Meeting Agendas
- Meeting Materials;
- Meeting Transcripts;
- Future Meeting Dates and Times;
- Other Information
Additionally, to share your comments, suggestions and or ideas directly with the workgroup, please contact Andrea Moreland, Director Office of Legislative & Cabinet Services, Florida Department of Revenue at CST Working Group