Engineering Division Director
Salary $2,596.00 - $3.872.00
Provide oversight of County transportation and drainage systems including all aspects of road construction, surveying, land management, multi-modal and drainage systems projects, approving construction plans and administering construction contracts.
- Supervise staff including hiring, training, assigning and evaluating work, counseling, disciplining and terminating
- Initiate projects and assignment
- Chair project direction and coordination meetings; prepare list for annual transportation and drainage construction and maintenance projects
- Review plans and specifications for construction projects; prepare and administer contracts with contractors and consultants
- Monitor construction progress
- Respond to emergencies and concerns of citizens, contractors and employees
- Resolve policy and procedure questions and recommend changes to rule, policy and procedure
- Manage annual operating budget and expenditures for division
- Serve as County Engineer
- Perform related work as required
Education, Training and Experience:
Requires Bachelor's degree in civil engineering or closely related field. Requires over six years of experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations, Skills:
Valid Florida Driver License required. Professional Engineer License required. Must have or be able to obtain within six months certification in FEMA National Incident Management System (NIMS) courses 100C, 200B, 700B and 800B.
Requires sedentary work that involves walking or standing some of the time and involves exerting up to 10 pounds of force on a regular and recurring basis, and routine keyboard operations. Requires normal visual acuity, field of vision, hearing, speaking, color and depth perception. May risk exposure to animal aggression, adverse weather, animal/wildlife, and traffic. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Basis of Rating: No written test is required. Applications will be carefully reviewed to assess each individual's qualifications. Selected persons will be interviewed to determine who will be hired for the job. The kind and length of related work experience, training and education shown on the application will be an important consideration in the screening process. Must successfully pass an employment reference check, criminal background check, physical examination, and drug test.
Citrus County is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provisions of services.