Calhoun County Board of County Commissioners
Emergency Management Department
Job Status: Full-Time
Retirement Class: Senior Management
Rate of Pay: $40,000.00 - $50,000.00
Salary is commensurate with certifications/licensure, experience, and qualifications.
Position: Emergency Management Director
Closing Date: Open until filled
Salary range: $40,000 - $50,000 depending upon experience
Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check.
Any combination of training and experience equivalent to:
- Graduation from a four-year college or university with a degree in planning, public safety, business administration, emergency medical services or a related field.
- Or Four years of experience in Emergency Management, Paramedic fields including two years of supervisory experience.
- And attain any license or certifications that may be required by the County, State and Federal Government in the Emergency Management/Public Safety field.
- This is highly responsible professional and managerial work in coordinating and directing the development of programs that protect the public’s health and safety from large-scale natural, technological and/or attack-related hazards.
- The employee in this class is responsible for planning, directing, and administrating all functions of the Emergency Management Division to include response, recovery and mitigation programs that protect the public’s health and safety. Work includes formulating programs and developing policies and procedures for the division; planning and educating the public on natural disasters and peacetime emergency procedures; training; providing technical assistance, hazard mitigation and disaster response and professional, technical and support staff including planners, coordinators and volunteer workers.
- The Emergency Management Director will be supervised by the Board of County Commissioners through conferences, reports and results obtained thereof.
Full job description available on www.calhouncountygov.com and at CareerSource Chipola.
Applications will be accepted at:
16908 N Pear Street
Blountstown, Florida 32424