During the month of September 2013, the Florida Association held its annual Policy Conference in West Palm Beach, Florida. As a part of the policy conference the Finance, Tax and Administration policy committee met to discuss potential upcoming legislative issues in an effort to prepare for the development and adoption of association policy statements at FAC’s annual legislative conference. The 2013 legislative conference will be held on November 13th through the 15th in Volusia County, Florida. Potential finance, tax and administrative issues that could prevail and be included in FAC’s legislative platform for 2014 include, but are not limited to the following:
- Potential reforms and /or modifications to the current Communications Services Tax;
- Potential modification and/or repeal of local authority to levy the Local Business Tax;
- Application of the E-911 Fee to “prepaid” mobile telecommunications;
- Development of a Florida Internet Sales Tax;
- Development of a sales tax exemption on commercial leases;
- Potential reforms or modification to the Florida Retirement System.
For more information with regard to the above issues or other finance and tax issues that you would like to discuss at the 2013 legislative conference please contact Davin J. Suggs.