Growth Management Planning Officials Symposium
Friday, March 23, 2018 8:30 am—3:30 pm $125 per person (includes lunch)
Florida Association of Counties
- 6 Core CCC Credits
- 6 Core CGE Credits
- 25 Torchbearer Points (ACC Alumni)
- AICP 6 CM Credits
Friday's Growth Management workshop is designed for elected and appointed officials who make planning and zoning recommendations and decisions, as well as planning staff.
The series covers the laws, principles and practices that have shaped the planning process in Florida. Officials will receive basic instruction about Florida’s planning and growth management system, his/her role and how to do the job more effectively. Peer exchange and discussion are valuable parts of this events.
- Planning and Growth Management in Florida
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Constitutional and Legal Foundations for Planning
- The Community Building Process