The qualifying period for declaration of candidacy for FAC 2nd Vice President is Monday, March 19, 2018 - Tuesday, May 15, 2018.
The election of the 2nd Vice President will be held on Friday, June 29, 2018 at 8:30 am ET during the Annual Business Meeting at the FAC Annual Conference at the Hyatt Regency Orlando in Orange County. Only county commissioners who are registered for the conference and are physically present at the election can vote. No weighted votes are allowed for elections.
Candidates for FAC offices must meet eligibility and qualification requirements (See Bylaws, Section 5.4(B)).
An "eligible commissioner" is defined, in the Bylaws under section 5.4(B), as a commissioner who:
(1) Will have served a minimum of two consecutive years in county commissioner office on the date of the election; AND
(2) Will have either:
(a) Served (or on May 15 be serving) on the FAC Board of Directors;
(b) Completed the CCC Program by May 15;
(c) Served (or on May 15 be serving) as a chair or vice chair of a FAC legislative policy committee or caucus; OR
(d) Served (or on May 15 be serving) on any FAC standing or select committee, as created by the Board of Directors or the President.
"Eligible commissioners" desiring to qualify for election to FAC office must do the following:
(1) Declare candidacy for office; AND
(2) Provide required information.
Requirement (1) and (2) must be in writing.
Requirement (1) and (2) must be transmitted to the FAC Executive Director.
Requirement (1) and (2) must be postmarked by May 15, 2018.
Requirement (1) and (2) must be transmitted via U.S. Mail, certified and return receipt requested (or by other commercial express carrier requiring signature upon delivery).
Requirement (1) must include:
- The office being sought; and
- A declaration of candidacy.
Requirement (2) must include:
- A letter from that commissioner's BoCC, supporting the candidacy;
- A copy of the commissioner's resume;
- An outline of the commissioner's prior activities and leadership roles within the Association; AND
- A statement regarding what assets the commissioner would bring to the Association by being an officer
The following checklist should be used by interested candidates to ensure compliance:
- Written letter declaring candidacy, address to FAC Executive Director
- Identify office running for (2nd Vice President)
- Postmark by May 15, 2018
- Sent by U.S. Mail, certified and return receipt requested OR other carrier requiring signature upon delivery
- Letter of support from BoCC
- Resume of commissioner outlining eligibility criteria
- Outline of prior activities and leadership roles within FAC
- Statement of what assets the candidate would bring to FAC office