The National Association of Counties (NACo), in partnership with Nationwide Retirement Solutions (NRS), and state associations of counties, provides county employees with a Section 457 Deferred Compensation Program. Since its inception in 1980, NACo's Deferred Compensation Program has grown to become the largest supplemental retirement income program available to county employees and serves 64 of Florida’s counties. The NRS 457 Plan provides another tool for retaining quality employees by enhancing a county's employee fringe benefits package at no cost to the county. FAC endorses the National Association of Counties (NACo) Deferred Compensation Plan.
- Helps public employees save for their future at no cost to their employer.
- Enables public employees to reduce current taxes.
- Institutes a systematic savings program for public employees.
- Automatic contribution deductions make it easy for employees to save.
- Contributions grow on a tax-deferred basis.
- Employees are 100% vested in their accounts.
- Helps employers to recruit and retain high–caliber personnel.
- Usually less expensive to maintain than defined benefit plans.
- Flexibility in program design.
Founded in 1973, Nationwide is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nationwide Financial Services and is associated with Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company, a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Columbus, Ohio. Nationwide is a market leader in supplemental retirement defined contribution plans for public safety and governmental employees. Nationwide provides plan administration, comprehensive investments, and communication/education services to over 7,800 government sector defined contribution retirement plans with 1.60 million participants and $50 billion in public sector assets under management*. Nationwide’s programs include 457(b), 401(a), and Post Employment Health Plan (PEHP). For more information contact our Regional Office in Boca Raton Florida. The toll free number is (800) 432-0822.