This week, the House Agriculture & Natural Resources Appropriations Subcommittee released a Water Project Application Form and General Criteria for the funding of water projects in the General Appropriations Act. The criteria are to “guide the Governor in his decision making process” for the funding of water projects for eligible counties responsible for water quality improvement, stormwater and wastewater management, and water restoration. Applications must be received no later than March 27, 2013.
Among the review criteria include:
- The project has completed all planning, design, permitting and local zoning and land use requirements;
- The applicant demonstrates that they are pursuing funding from other sources such as the Drinking Water/ Wastewater Revolving Loan Program or Small Community Wastewater Treatment Grants;
- The applicant provides an equal match to the request for state appropriations (waived for counties with a population under 75,000);
- The applicant identifies the sponsor and a majority of the local delegation members approve of the project in writing; and
- Water projects have been heard in a committee prior to the budget conference with documentation in the committee packet adhering to the criteria.